Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Working on Homework

So I realized, I am probably not the most interesting blogger (and yes I am aware that I am currently talking mostly to myself, what with having no followers and all!) but I haven't had a chance to do any how-to projects or anything.  I am currently working on something, but its not ready to be posted yet (soon, I promise!)

Also, I have been really wanting to update my banner so that's its completely personalized, but I just haven't had the chance.  I have already sketched it out, but I need to digitize it.  I have also been considering making a watermark, so that I can tag my pictures, but that's a bit off for now.

So instead of anything interesting, I was going to share my homework with you.  I am charged with drawing five items from nature.  Instead of just googling stuff, I took a field trip around the jungle that it my backyard and took some reference pictures to draw from.  Here's just two (well actually one and a half):

 

I focused on the one bloom on the far left.
We aren't supposed to shade, instead for my form study class we are told to look at the contours of the objects and sketch those in.


For this one, I focused on the seed pod on the right.
I needed a break from my homework, so that's why I decided to blog.  So my seed pod drawing isn't quite finished yet. What do you think? It's back to my homework for me, but I hope you enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment