Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Homework

So, yeah ... homework has been keeping me busy.  On Friday, my form study class took a field trip to a classic car museum in order to sketch, you guessed it, cars! I am not a big fan of drawing cars, in fact, this was the first time I have ever drawn a specific car. Normally I draw doodled cars that have no real shape, kinda like what you see little kids draw.  Silly, right?

We were told to look through the whole museum, then choose our favorite car and draw it.  This was a bit difficult for me, because I am not a car person and this place was FILLED with old cars.  I am talking like cars from the 40s and 50s and before ...

Playing with the panoramic option on my camera ... it worked great! 



So, I drive a beat-up old pick-up truck. Not the kind of vehicle one would find in this museum (even if its 21 years old!). So after looking, I settled on this little cutie:


It is a 1958 Metropolitan.  Normally I am not a total pink girl, but it just works with this little car. Even the guys in my class group agreed that it works.  Its just a fun little car.


This is what I have so far. Its a lower view angle, because I wanted to sit on the ground, instead of standing and sketching.  We were tasked with making a detailed drawing of the car, so while at the museum, I got the main shape down, and took a bunch of pictures, so that I could fill in the details at home.


The grill is enough to make my eyes cross! It's a relatively fine square grate, and I am trying really hard to fill it all in ... whew!  This is what's been keeping me busying since last Friday ... well, this and the ten abstract car drawings that we are supposed to include when we turn them in.  I have gotten like seven or eight of those done.  A bunch of work, and this is for only one class.  I have a couple other assignments to do, but I am trying to keep on top of all of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment