Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dapper Duck

So I thought I would give you another little glimpse of cute wedding-ness!


I made Duck a couple of cute little cufflinks to wear with his tux at the wedding.  I was going for cute, a bit of silliness, and steampunk!  I took a gear from my pack of gears that I bought at Michael's to use as the backing, a little duckie button I got from Joann's (it came in a pack of like 10), and used Sculpey to craft the little details of the wee top hat and scarf.  I used the scarf to cover up the button holes, so they wouldn't show, and I really like how it adds to the look.

I baked the Sculpey components in my crafts-only toaster oven (I don't like to mix crafts surfaces/tools with food surfaces/tools) for about half the time the Sculpey package recommended, and I checked in frequently.  I have past experiences where little components burn if you leave them in for the recommended time, so be careful.  I think they expect you to make bigger things than I make!

All I have left to do is attach them to the cufflink blanks (I bought mine here for $4.15 for five pairs, and they come in antique bronze, chrome, and shiny gold tones).  What do you think? Cute, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment