Friday, January 4, 2013

Freaking Out

Today was a day of stress.

Yesterday I had gone to the art store and picked up portfolios in order to be able to start sorting and organizing that massive mound of papers that was stacking up in my living room.  I figured it would give me a better idea of what I needed to redo and accomplish.

Well today, I was busily working on my largest book and the Kitten (her real name is Boo), started slowly encroaching into my work area.  Yes, I know I could have locked her up while I was working, but she had never really been a big nuisance before and usually she shooes away quite easily.  Today, she was a bit more ... energetic.  She saw one of her favorite toys across the room and decided to use my open portfolio book, that I was slipping pages into, as a ramp to launch herself across the room.

A tear in the protective plastic sheeting.
She tore the plastic sheeting with her back claws.  I am not sure if I am overreacting and the perfectionist in me is having a panic attack for no reason, or if I am justified in worrying about a minor scratch in something that may not even be seen or counted against me.  When it happened I was pretty much inconsolable.  Now I am just sad thinking about it.  I am waiting until Duck comes home to see and judge for himself.

On the whole, not so bad? Right?
The page is quite large, so it might not even be noticed? Maybe?  I know it's there and the perfectionist is being quite adamant that it is a VERY bad thing. But if you weren't looking for it, would you even notice it?

One thing is for sure though.  The Kitten is getting her claws clipped today.




No comments:

Post a Comment